After School Care Teacher
TITLE: After School Care Teacher
REPORTS TO: School Directors
- POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for developing and implementing an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child enrolled in a group, in accordance with Texas Preschool Performance Standards.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Meet with Director to review curriculum plans and activities and evaluate program’s effectiveness.
- Responsible for implementing of the Department of Family and Child Services Licensing and Preschool Standard, policies and procedures, regulations and guidelines in the day- to-day operation of an early childhood development center (3 years-5 years of age) including developmentally appropriate practices for a pre-school program.
- Responsible for recording and record keeping of information required to document the growth and development of children.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service provided at the Center.
- Responsible for coordinating and working closely with parents including and staff/parent conferences.
- Help maintain facility in a safe and satisfactory condition.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support to teacher assistants, teacher aides, substitutes and volunteers, which include sharing daily program plans and discussing goals for children.
- Develop a positive relationship with each child and promote the development of self- esteem and self-discipline.
- Keep abreast of current knowledge in the field of Early Childhood Education.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Early Childhood experience.
- Ability to relate positively to young children, parents and staff.
- Strong working knowledge of Preschool Performance Standards and
- Prefer knowledge of Frog Street curriculum.
- Demonstrate success in working as a member of a team.
- Effective and strong communication skills (orally and written)
- Demonstrated supervision skills
- PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Be able to lift 25-30 lbs.
- Be able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, see, hear, speak with children to ensure children’s health and safety.
- Documentation of Tuberculin-free condition
- Criminal Background Check
- Must be a member of CrossRoads Church
EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE & DATE
SUPERVISOR SIGNATURE & DATE
6901 E HWY 191 Frontage
Odessa, Texas 79762
Tel: (432) 368-2517
Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider.